got a racist response while applying to colleges in the uk, and the social justice in me just couldn’t not respond.
I’ve seen a lot of posts on my dash tonight about users who are threatening suicide, with other Tumblr members posting in effort to try to get ahold of them. I think you all should see this:
IF THERE IS EVER A TUMBLR USER WHO HAS POSTED A GOOD-BYE MESSAGE, SUICIDE NOTE, VIDEO, OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POST.
1. Scroll to the top of your dashboard.
2. See the circular question mark icon at the top? It’s the third one over from your home symbol. Click on that, and a screen similar to the one in the picture will come up.
3. Where you can type in questions, the box with the magnifying glass at the top, type in the word “suicide.”
4. Click on the first link that shows up. It should say, “Pass the URL of the blog on to us.”
5. Type in the user’s URL and tell Tumblr admin that the user is contemplating suicide and has posted a message indicating that they are going through with it or will be attempting. Hit send! Tumblr administration will perform a number of actions to contact the user and take the necessary steps to prevent the suicide.
TUMBLR: THIS COULD SAVE A USER’S LIFE. PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE SUICIDE THREATS.
Reblog this to keep other users aware. Suicide isn’t a joke, and neither is someone’s life. If you didn’t know this, someone else may not, either. Pass it on.
why on earth doesn’t this have more notes
I actually had to do this once. She lived.
if you scroll past this on your dash you are absolutely heartless.
Reblog this!! This can save somebody’s life!
Well now I can correctly moonwalk away from uncomfortable situations
Jesus, if ever there was a Kiss Heard Round the World, this is definitely one of the top contenders.
reasons you should date me:
- i bake things and they taste good usually
- i will cuddle you always
- you can chill w/me for hours and just read or watch movies and not talk
- i could’ve murdered like 17 people by now but i haven’t
apparently you can’t be employed by the CIA if you’ve ever illegally downloaded music
breaking news: in 20 years, the CIA will operate out of the president’s basement, staffed by four old men and six guinea pigs
every show should have at least one musical number it
i mean if american horror story can do it then there’s really no excuse
Children. Please. Try an entire musical episode.
Louis CK on our culture on dating
I HAVE SO MUCH RESPECT FOR THIS MAN.
'Ugh, I hope this one's nice'
I may or may not have referenced this joke when making a point today.
A “Sent” folder.
A notification when someone answers your ask.
A WORKING VIDEO PLAYER
TEXT POSTS NOT CONVERTED TO LINKS WITHOUT CONSENT
IF LUCIFER NEEDS CONSENT TO ENTER SAMS BODY THEN YOU NEED CONSENT TO CHANGE IT TO LINKS
On the morning of October 3, 1991, I woke to the sound of people shouting, “Susan kills babies!” outside our bedroom window. “Susan kills babies!” I heard again. Must be a nightmare, I thought. I’m home. I am not at work. I am in my bed, right next to Randy. But I was awake. I was in my own bed. This was real.
This Common Secret, Susan Wicklund
I remember seeing a video OneThirdGone posted about her group protesting outside a doctor’s home. I rolled my eyes at it and thought of how irritating they were. But after reading about the struggles of Dr. Wicklund and all the harassment she’s endured (and I’m not even halfway through the book yet), anti-choice protestors now make me physically sick.
They barricaded Dr. Wicklund’s home - they brought a mobile home and parked it in front of her driveway, and giant cement-filled barrels blocked the entrance. They stalked her daughter at her school, they posted “Wanted” signs all over their town. They made it nearly impossible for her family to leave their home.
If you think clinic protestors are okay, then I’m going to need you to do some rethinking.
This is from my physical therapy session earlier. My therapist moved me up to 4 lb weights! #GettingStronger #healing
"I do not hate men, Sub-mariner. I merely know I’m as good as they are.”
FEMINISM: a definition
I need this as a poster.
I would adore this as a poster.
Page 1 of 413